Equitas is committed to progressively providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are working to increase the accessibility and usability of the rawabet-equitas.org site and in doing so adhere to the highest available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to conform to Level AA standards of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. WCAG 2.0 is an industry standard which covers a wide range of recommendations for making website content more accessible. Following these guidelines will help to make our site accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited movement, speech disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of these. The guidelines provide tests to ensure that web content is “perceivable, operable, understandable and robust”.
This site makes use of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 to provide the highest possible level of web site accessibility for users. These include:
- Any and all information conveyed with colour is still readable if a user is unable to distinguish colour.
- High contrast version of the site supports reading dark text on a light background.
- Any image used on this web site contains a textual description that will be read out loud within your screen reader.
- Link text or phrases have been rewritten to make sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- Some of our content links to MS-Word formatted documents. We have endeavoured to make the text of these documents accessible when read out loud by a screen reader.
- A “skip to content” button was added at the top of the page to allow for screen readers to skip reading through the menu to get to the content more easily.
- All pages use headings to create a proper document structure, which can be used by some screen readers. To cycle through the headings on any given web page, press the 'H' key on your keyboard. You may cycle backwards through the headings by pressing both the 'Shift' and letter 'H' keys together.
- Some of our content is in PDF format only. We are working towards reducing our dependence on PDFs, and working to provide content in more accessible formats.
- Whilst rawabet-equitas.org strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are committed in providing accessible content and progressively work improvements to the accessibility of this site as our internal capacities improve.
If you have any suggestions or concerns about the usability or readability of this site, please let us know by contacting us.